Delivery - Furniture
Hampshire Furniture is committed to providing you with an efficient and secure delivery service. Free delivery is included to most addresses on the UK mainland. Orders are delivered to your front door (kerbside), or a downstairs room of choice, by our friendly and professional one-man Furniture delivery service. Some items of furniture will be delivered fully assembled, with the exception of some pieces with fragile parts, others may be "flat pack".
Our free delivery service is available to most mainland addresses in England, Wales and Scotland and applies to our standard 14-day delivery service only.
Unfortunately, due to additional courier charges, a surcharge of £60 applies to the following postcode areas in Scotland for orders under £500:
AB, DD, IV 1-28, 30-32, 36, 40-49, 52-56, 63, KW 1-3, 5-14, PA 21-38,PH 1-26, 30-41, 49-50
A surcharge of £30 applies to orders in following postcode areas in England, Scotland and Wales for some orders under £300:
Scotland: EH, DG, FK, G, KA 1-26, 29, 30, KY, ML, PA 1-19, TD
Wales: LL, LD, SY16-20, 23-25, SA, CF, NP
England: NE, CA
We do not charge extra for deliveries to Central London.
We currently are generally unable to arrange any delivery outside mainland UK, as we cannot find any delivery companies to do it for us. We do allow collection from our Showroom in Hampshire for Isle of White customers who can arrange their own collection. However there are a few exceptions to this, so you are welcome to contact us to ask if it is possible. However, there may be an additional charge for this. If there is any problem with a delivery, this has to be dealt with by the receiver, and we as the sender, find the receiver will expect us to deal with it. Unfortunately the insurance on the delivery is for the receiver and not the sender, and for this reason, we are unable to deal with any claim.
However, if you were able to arrange collection and delivery yourself it could be arranged on this basis.
- Please note that our insurance policy only covers delivery to your door and does not extend to moving furniture upstairs or inside the property. While our friendly drivers will be of assistance wherever possible, and will normally take your furniture into your downstairs room of choice, we cannot be held responsible for any damage caused.
- The majority of deliveries are one-man deliveries. The couriers we use are experienced furniture courier companies who are equipped to handle bulky items. However, please be aware that the driver may require assistance if access to your property is particularly difficult or is only accessible by stairs. If you feel it should be a two-man delivery, there is an extra cost of the extra person. If it is available with the furniture you have ordered, it will be included with the collection, please add this to your cart.
- Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure that items delivered by our courier will fit through any access ways into or inside your property. Whilst we'll do our best to help, neither Hampshire Furniture or our courier can be held responsible for any access issues at your property.
- The standard, free 14-day delivery service does not include unpacking or assembly (partial assembly applies to some larger items only, for ease of transport and access). If you require these additional services, please contact us for a quote.
- In the unlikely event that you need to return an item, please note that furniture must be returned to us in a saleable condition and within the original packaging, in the condition, they were provided. When unpacking your furniture, please, therefore, ensure that you un-wrap the furniture carefully to protect the packaging.
- Please note that if a delivery is confirmed and the delivery is missed due to no-one being available as agreed to accept the delivery, and the delivery company makes an additional charge. We will have to pass the charge onto you, prior to the delivery being attempted for the second time. If you choose to cancel the order instead, we will have the right to deduct the original delivery charge from your refund.
- On rare occasions, items may occasionally be delivered on a pallet. Pallets are only delivered kerbside, so please ensure that you make prior arrangements to move the furniture indoors.
- Two man delivery may be available at an additional cost. These can be added to your order. We reserve the right to refuse to arrange a two-man delivery if payment has not been made if full. Please contact us if you are unsure of how which charges to add to your order.